In the smart way of living, Smartphone has become the best buddy with which you would like to share everything. But what do you do when you lose it? There are some apps that help users in finding their lost Android smartphones.
Here below are some of the best apps given which will help you to track your companion (Android devices) in case it gets lost or stolen. There should be two must-have features namely photo clicking via camera and getting recent call logs. Hopefully, these following apps will be useful for you to locate your device:
1. Prey Anti-Theft
It is an excellent anti-theft application for the number of devices like iOS, Android, and even Windows. You need to send the message with text ”GO PREY” for tracking your lost devices. Or, you can just visit the control panel bar and point out the missing device. When you are done with this, then you will get some features like GPS positioning, capturing images, locking down the device and more. The basic version has the limitation to add devices in it for keeping eyes on it. But, its Pro version can spy on maximum 500 devices.
You can follow the given steps after logging into the Prey app:
• Search your mobile on the map with the help of GPS and WiFi triangulation.
• Click images through front and back camera of the phone.
• Lock your phone and set the high-volume alarm even your device is in silent mode.
• Show the alert message or notification on the screen.
• Collect the network details with which your phone is connected.
2. Where’s My Droid
It is exclusively for the Android devices to keep eyes on your lost phone by using GPS. The basic features of this app are free of cost. Its Pro variant has many advanced features such as capturing a photo through the camera. The basic features are:
• Search mobile by using ringtone or vibrations.
• Search the mobile with the help of GPS positioning.
• Type your alert word as per your choice.
• Password protection and Notification if SIM card number is changed.
3. Android Lost Free
It has many useful features that are generally found in the paid apps like recover the call list after stolen, capture images through device camera, and others are following:
• Remote controlling the SMS facility and read delivered and received SMS.
• Deliver messages in the form of popup from the website.
• Set the alarm along with flash.
• GPS positioning and lock the device.
4. Avast! Mobile Security
Its feature of anti-theft is vitality for the mobile security. It can control remotely through web or message. It is considered the top-rated free mobile tracker. For finding your Android device, you can run its feature of the mobile locator with the following advantages:
• Control your Android devices through web or messages.
• Position your device on the map.
• Locking the mobile and setting up the siren.
• Wipe the device storage to make your personal data secured.
• Notifying while altering the SIM card number.
5. AVG AntiVirus
This software brings a feature to monitor the movement of the lost or stolen mobile with the help of Google Maps. You can employ remote management console of AVG for given below purpose:
• Wiping your mobile and SD card storage
• Once someone changes the SIM card in your mobile, then the device is automatically locked.
• Set the mobile ringtone’s volume up despite being on silent mode.
• Trapping your camera and emailing you with an image in case of three times false pass code insertion while unlocking the device.
Robert Coleman is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Robert has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.