There is a large group of people who continually use Outlook for exchanging professional and non-professional emails. The users who do not wish to use different platforms for accessing diverse emailing features may collaborate on a single platform i.e. Outlook. This feature is most specifically available for Microsoft 365 users who wish to collaborate with each other in teams.
However, for accessing your Office 365 account in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2013, or Outlook 2016, you need to undergo a process. Either you can do the Office 365 manual setup or automatic setup. Once you do the required configuration, you will be able to access or add your Office 365 mails on Outlook.
Office 365 Outlook 2016 manual configuration
Prior to beginning the setup process, one should note that the manual set up process for different emailing platforms is quite similar. But, you may find a slight change in it. The section below mainly focuses on Outlook 2016 which is a part of Office setup.
- Begin by pressing the Win+R keys on your keyboard and then navigate to the Control Panel.
- Now, click on the Mail option from the Control Panel menu.
- On the Mail setup page, select ‘Show Profiles’.
- Then, click on the ‘Add’ option for adding a new profile.
- After entering the name of the profile, select OK.
- Now, you will see the ‘Add account page’. Here, select ‘Manual setup’ and select Next.
- This will open the Add Account page where you need to select the ‘Office 365’ option.
- Next up, enter the email address of your account and click ‘Next’.
- On the next window that opens, enter the Office 365 user name, password, and select Next.
- In the end, you just need to click on the ‘Finish’ option to complete the configuration.
What are the Office 365 Exchange server settings?
If you set up your client to use Exchange server settings instead of IMAP settings, then you are entitled to get several benefits. The setup process is also quite simple. All you need to provide your email address and password and you are done.
Office 365 manual setup on iPhone
This is how you can set up Office 365 on your iOS device. Be it iPad or iPhone, this process is similar for both:
- On your iPhone, launch ‘Settings’ to open the Settings menu.
- Then, tap on the ‘Mail’ option present in the left menu.
- Here, tap on the ‘Add account’/ Accounts options.
- After that, click the ‘Exchange’ option from the list.
- Next up, provide your email address and password.
- Then, add a description for your account and then tap ‘Next’.
- On the next page, enter the server name as outlook.office365.com.
- Then, enter your username, password, and then click ‘Next’.
- Make further selections for saving details.
- Tap on the ‘Save’ option when you are done.
This is how do Office 365 manual setup for on Outlook and iPhone. For more helpful articles, you may navigate to Office.com/setup.