To transfer a Microsoft license you need a 25 character product key that was given to you when you buy the license. There are only 2 types of license which can be transferred and they both are “Retail” and “FPP”. So, your license must be one type from both of them. An installation media (disk or file) for Office which matches with your Product key. Always remember that the above circumstances don’t apply to the brand new OFFICE 365 Subscriptions or Office 2016. A New Microsoft office license has been attached to the consumer’s electronic mail account.
How to transfer your Microsoft Office license to another computer?
- You have to uninstall the office installation from your current computer completely via programs and features.
- Be sure, your new PC should not limit free trial MS Office.
- If have then uninstalled it.
- Install the Office suite associated with your license via CD or other installation media.
- After completing the installation, open any program from the Office Suite.
- Go to “File”
- Click “Change product key”.
- Insert the same product key.
Now you have successfully done the transfer a Microsoft license of your office 2010 / 2013 to your new PC.
Transfer an Office 365 / Office 2016 License.
Transfer a Microsoft license of Office 365 or Office 2016 is very easy as compared with the older versions. You just have to deactivate the license and uninstall the office and just install the new Office using your CD or office.com/setup and just open it. Install it completely and just enter the license to your other PC.
Following steps help you to transfer a Microsoft office license:-
- Login to Microsoft office and open the “My Account” page.
- Find the Install section in the list.
- Click on button integrated with it.
- Under “Install Information”, click “Deactivate Install Button”.
- Confirm to Deactivate.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Click on “Programs”
- Uninstall Office from current PC.
- Now move to new pc and re-open the “My Account” page.
- Search Install section and Click “Install”.
- You will able to see a setuo.exe is downloading.
- After complete installation. Click on sign-in.
- After signing in you have successfully done the transfer of a Microsoft Office license.
Frequently asked questions.
Q.) Can you transfer Microsoft Office to another laptop?
Yes, you can transfer the Microsoft office to another laptop. If you have an Office 2010 or office 2013 then you have to uninstall from your current computer but before uninstalling it, identify that your license should be FPP or Retailed. Install the office in your new laptop and click “Change Product Key” insert the same product key and you have completed the transfer Microsoft office.
If you have Microsoft office 2016 or Office 365 then just sign in to office > “Menu” > “My Account” page > find “ Install” section > click “deactivate” > go to “control panel” > programs > Uninstall Ms office. Now move to a new laptop re-open “My Account” page > search install section >click “Install” button. Now, the download started and now install it and sign in to you and its done.
Q.)How do I transfer my Microsoft Office product key to another computer?
Mostly the people would like to know how to “move” an existing Office installation to a new computer. To do that you have to meet three conditions.
- You must have a license that can be transferred like “FPP” “Retailed”.
- Your unique 25 character Product Key
- Installation file or disk which supports your Product Key.
After meeting the condition you have to uninstall the Microsoft office after deactivating the Microsoft office license. Then simply install the new Microsoft Office on your new computer. Then just simply sign in to Ms office on another computer. Or apply Product Key manually.
Q.)how to transfer Microsoft office to another computer with a flash drive?
If you are using a flash drive to move Microsoft Office to another computer then just develop an image of Microsoft Office using the EaseUS tool then upload it on the tool with your email id. Then just install the EaseUs tool to another computer then download from it there and then install the Microsoft office. Just sign in to Microsoft office and you have successfully done.
In this article, you learn the transferring of Microsoft office license to other computer or laptop. For transfer Microsoft office license to another computer, you have to just deactivate your license and uninstall the Microsoft office. Now simply install the Microsoft office and enter the product key and sign in to Microsoft office. Now the license is transferred.