Office 365 which is now known as Microsoft 365 is the latest version of Microsoft Office. The complete all-in-one package includes a variant of features, such as cloud services, collaborative features, and whatnot. A working professional depends so much on it, that he hardly needs to depend on any other application for accomplishing a task.
Yet, there are some users who wish to remove Office 365 from their devices. They may need to do it for diverse reasons. So, whatever be the reason is, here we are going to learn about the process to uninstall Office 365 from both Windows as well as Mac.
Method to uninstall Office 365 from Windows
- From the Start menu of your Windows device, go to the Control Panel tab.
- Here, select the ‘Programs’ and ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- After that, right-click on Office 365 entry.
- And then, choose the ‘Uninstall’ option.
(Note: the process is somewhat similar on Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or 8, and Windows 7.)
Steps to uninstall Office 365 from Mac
- Using the Finder of your Mac, go to the ‘Applications’ section.
- Now, hit the ‘Command’ key and hold it.
- While holding it, select all the Office 365 applications installed on it.
- Next up, click the ‘Ctrl’ key and choose one of the selected applications.
- Furthermore, select the ‘Move to Trash’ option.
Uninstall Office using the Office removal tool
- Navigate to Office.com/setup and download the removal tool in your device.
- Launch the downloaded file and follow some easy prompts.
- On the window that appears, select the ‘Next’ button.
- When you see that the process is completed, restart your device.
- Bid adieu to Office 365 forever.
What if Microsoft Office won’t uninstall?
If you are unable to remove Office from your device, then you may follow the guidelines given below:
- First up, sign in to your Office account at office.com/myaccount.
- From there, go to the ‘Current PC Installs’ section.
- After that, select the ‘Deactivate’ option.
- Further, go to your PC’s Control Panel and remove Office 365 from there.
Other than the methods mentioned above, you may also uninstall Office 365 manually using the PowerShell. In this process, you need to enter the uninstall office 365 command line to get rid of the Office completely.
Users also ask
Do I need to uninstall Office 365 before installing Office 2016?
It is recommended to remove any conflicting files if you wish to install any similar program on the same computer. Hence, to avoid any crashes or glitches, you must uninstall Office 365 before installing any other version of Office.
Can you uninstall Outlook without uninstalling Office 365?
No, you simply cannot uninstall just Outlook without uninstalling the whole of Office 365. However, if you wish to get rid of it, then you need to mark your Outlook account as unavailable by going through an easy process.
Should I delete the old Microsoft Office before installing new?
Experts suggest all the Microsoft account users remove any conflicting programs from their devices before installing the new one. Therefore, you should delete an older version of Office and its files before installing the new version.
How do I completely remove Microsoft Office from the registry?
To delete the registry of Microsoft Office, press the Win+R keys together. Then, enter “regedit.exe” in the Run dialog box. After that, double-tap on the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” key entry and then delete all the hashed keys followed by selecting the Delete option.